Minimum quantity to order : 5 pieces
Description for Hyacinth Aiolos (White)
Hyacinthus is a small genus of bulbous flowering plants in the family Asparagaceae, subfamily Scilloideae. Plants are commonly called hyacinths. Hyacinthus grows from bulbs, each producing around four to six linear leaves and one to three spikes (racemes) of flowers.
This hyacinth has a single dense spike of fragrant flowers in shades of red, blue, white, orange, pink, violet, or yellow. A form of the common hyacinth is the less hardy and smaller blue or white-petalled Roman hyacinth of florists. These flowers should have indirect sunlight and are to be moderately watered.
Planting and care
Hyacinth bulbs are planted in the fall and blooms in spring. Before sowing, you can keep the bulb in the refrigerator in a ventilated mesh bag for 12 to 14 weeks. The highest chilling temperature is around 4 C. Space the bulbs approximately three inches apart. Plant them up to three inches deep.
Use the potting mix for bulb plantation as:
- Garden soil + Compost + Perlite + Sand (2:2:1:1)
- Soil + Cocopeat + vermicompost (2:1:2)
Caring for Hyacinth Aiolos
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season, flower bud stage.
- Mulch the potting mix with organic material.
Typical uses of Hyacinth Aiolos
Special features: Attractive flowers
Ornamental use: Group or mass planted in beds, borders, rock gardens, long walks. Effectively mixes with other spring flowering bulbs.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about hyacinth aiolos (white) - bulbs