399+ Gift Out of Stock
(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Nutmeg, Jaifal, Jaiphal
Wild Nutmeg is a tree up to 20 m tall. Bark is brownish, usually smooth, irregulary flaky; blaze reddish. Branches are arranged in whorls, horizontal. Young branchlets are round, rusty tomentose. Red sap oozed from cut end of bark
Planting and care
Nutmeg trees should be planted in rich, organic soil with a medium texture and low salinity. The pH level should be 6-7, although they will tolerate ranges from 5.5-7.5. A soil test will aid in determining if the site is appropriate or if you need to amend it to correct a lack of nutrients.
Caring for Nutmeg
- Nutmeg trees should be planted in rich, organic soil with a medium texture and low salinity.
- The pH level should be 6-7, although they will tolerate ranges from 5.5-7.5.
- A soil test will aid in determining if the site is appropriate or if you need to amend it to correct a lack of nutrients.
- Mix in organic matter like bark chips, rotted manure or leaves to buck up the nutrition level and aid in aeration and water retention.
- Be sure to dig your hole at least four feet deep, as nutmegs do not like shallow roots.
- Nutmegs need well-draining soil, but they also like it humid and damp, so keep the tree moist.
- Drying out will stress the nutmeg.
- Mulching around the tree can aid in water retention, but donâ€™t pack it against the trunk or you may be inviting unwanted insects and opening the tree to diseases
Typical uses of Nutmeg
Special features: Female flowers are larger, borne in racemes in leaf axils. Capsules are spherical, up to 3.2 cm across, hairless, with one spherical seed, pale brown with laciniate aril. Kanara Nutmeg is endemic to the Western Ghats.
Culinary use: Leaves
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Very nice plant. Beautiful plant. Nurserylive service very good replace policy is very very good.?
What a great experience from start to finish.
How many plants like this needed for a 500 SQFT living hall
I am satisfied with the plants.
Plant is in good health.. I m really happy with this little one.