|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Sorrel Herb
It is a hardy perennial herb grown for its leaves. Sorrel has large, light to dark green, oblong-shaped and spinach-like leaves. It comes as fresh or frozen and chopped or whole. Its taste ranges from a refreshing, sharply acidic, or astringent spinach-like taste with bitter notes to a milder, lemony taste. The younger leaves are less acidic. The dried leaf loses its citrusylike flavor.
Planting and care
Caring for Sorrel Herb
- Water the sorrel plant regularly. Mulching will help conserve moisture and keep the leaves clean.
- Apply any organic fertilizer every year.
- Cut the seed stalks to the ground and remove any declining leaves. The plant should re-sprout with more tender leaves. Sorrel will self-seed if you leave the seed heads on the plants.
- To keep your plants healthy and vigorous, divide them in spring or early summer every 3-4 years.
Typical uses of Sorrel Herb
Culinary use: Its pungent and sour leaves are used as a vegetable, as a flavoring in omelets and sauces, and as the chief ingredient of creamed sorrel soup. The young leaves are used in salads.
- Sorrel helps in maintaining healthy vision, skin, immune function, growth, and reproductive health.
- Sorrel plant have fiber which may also help ward against certain health conditions including cancer, obesity, and type 2 diabetes.
- Sorrel is a primary ingredient in Essiac tea, a propriety blend of herbal tea that was rumored to cure breast cancer and prevent other diseases including HIV/AIDS and diabetes.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments