Watercress is an aquatic plant species with the botanical name Nasturtium officinale. This should not be confused with the quite different group of plants with the common name of nasturtium, botanical name Tropaeolum.
Common name: mealycup sage
Bloom time: May to frost
Height: 1.00 to 2.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Fill a recycled container. After putting holes in the base of the container, fill it 3/4 full of seed compost. Add watercress seeds. Sprinkle watercress seeds over the surface of the seed compost
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- After putting holes in the base of the container, fill it 3/4 full of seed compost.
- Place it onto a plastic tray and wet the soil, using a plastic bottle with a few holes in its lid as a spray.
- Snip the top shoots off with a pair of scissors.
- At this time the watercress will be 6-20 inches (15-50 cm) tall.
- When you cut it, the plants will regrow quickly and become bushier.
- Always wash watercress well before eating it.
Winter hardy to USDA Zones 8-10. In St. Louis, it may be grown as an annual in average, evenly moist, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade. Tolerates poor soils and some drought. Plants grown from seed sown directly in the ground after last frost date may not bloom.
No serious insect or disease problems. Susceptible to downy and powdery mildew.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Is this vegetable seeds are hybrid or non hybrid ?
All the seeds germinated. Now I have way too many seedlings.
Very fast germination just on the third day from seeding. Happy with that but has to update the review later based on the yield. If it gives yield just as shown in the picture it will be excellent. Le
Great Seeds. I got 100 % success germination , that too in 2 days itself instead of 7days that usually is the duration. Awesome
Any query about water cress - seeds