Description for Parsley Moss Curled
Parsley is a mild-flavoured herb, and parsley leaves are often used to create attractive garnishes for a variety of dishes. Rich in vitamins and minerals, the ruffled green herb is a flavourful addition to soups and other culinary delights. Although good old curly parsley is the most familiar, you might be surprised that there are many different kinds of parsley.
Parsley is not just a dark green garnish. The leaves are high in vitamins and minerals. I use parsley in soups, salads, and to make a scrumptious green shake of parsley, bananas, maple syrup and water. Parsley is also a good edible landscape plant. This low growing herb makes a good dark green edging for annual annual and perennial flower gardens.
Planting and care
Caring for Parsley Moss Curled
- Parsley likes a rich soil so add a small handful of an organic fertilizer, such as 5-5-5, monthly around each plant.
- Keep plants well watered and mulch after weeding with straw or untreated grass clippings to help keep the soil cool and moist and to keep soil out of the crevices of curly parsleyâ€™s leaves.
- Control for aphids with sprays in insecticidal soap. Swallowtail butterfly larvae love to feed on parsley.
- Itâ€™s actually a great plant to grow in a butterfly garden for that reason. Unless there are many caterpillars on your plant, donâ€™t worry about controlling them. A few wonâ€™t cause too much damage.
- Hand-pick and move those that are devouring a plant.
Typical uses of Parsley Moss Curled
Culinary use: Used as a garnish or directly in dishes, parsley is a delicate herb with a strong peppery taste, making it a favourite for many chefs.
As a biennial, edible white flowers emerge in an umbel during the plantâ€™s second growing season.
Flat leaf parsley tends to be favoured for its culinary uses while curly is more often used as decoration. However, flavour varies greatly by variety, so donâ€™t rule out any types without checking their full credentials first.
Medicinal use: Parsley has been used as a source of certain vitamins and minerals. Parsley seed was used traditionally as a carminative to decrease flatulence and colic pain. The root was used as a diuretic and the juice to treat kidney ailments.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Seeds are Ok .. germination took about 25 Days ..
Good germination rate..n what impresses me the most is the amount of seeds they provide..good work!
Vey Nice Seeds but good in quantity.
Nicely packed. Have tried some of the seeds and they germinated quite well - would recommend to all
Any query about parsley moss curled - seeds