145Buy 1+1 Free
(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Garlic Chives
Chives are a perennial member of the onion family that sport beautiful purple flowers.
Chives are cool-season, cold-tolerant perennials that are planted in early spring.
Be mindful when planting this herb, as it will take over your garden if the flowers are left to ripen (the flowers scatter the seeds). However, this plant is easy to dig up and move if it overwhelms your garden.
Planting and care
Propagate by seed, division or separation - Direct seed, divide or transplant in spring or fall.
Germination temperature: 45 F to 95 F
Days to emergence: 7 to 21
Seed can be saved 3 years.
Caring for Garlic Chives
- In spring or fall, direct seed onto well-prepared seedbed (covering very lightly), or transplant established plants.
- If starting from seed, plants probably wonâ€™t be large enough to harvest for at least a year.
- Regular cutting helps keep plants vigorous and healthy and encourages spreading.
- Keep flowers picked to discourage dormancy in warm weather.
- No fertilizer is needed if planted in reasonably fertile soil.
- Plants harvested frequently benefit from nitrogen top-dressing.
- Divide and replant clump in fresh soil every three to five years.
Typical uses of Garlic Chives
Special features: Garlic chives and chives both have garlic flavour, and belong to a different species, Allium tuberosum. They grow taller (up to 2 feet) than common garden chives, and have white flowers.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Is this vegetable seeds are hybrid or non hybrid ?
Good number of plants and currently flowering so waiting for the cherry tomatos!!
The reason why I am reviewing this so lately is because I wanted some time to see it s germination and growth afterwards. Today the plant is in full bloom . It has almost grown up to 3 ft in height an
The vegetable seeds have germinated.I can give my real review only after a few months
Good germination rate..n what impresses me the most is the amount of seeds they provide..good work!