|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Celeriac
It is a biennial grown as an annual.The short stem and upper part of the roots grow into a cream-green colored, round shape about 10-15 cm in diameter. The skin is textured and ridged. The flesh is creamy-white and firm but not as firm in texture as carrots.
Planting and care
Sow the seeds indoors as early as 8 to 10 weeks before the average last frost date in spring. Celeriac may take 2 or 3 weeks to germinate. Transplant the seedlings in bigger tray. Shift them again to the open ground if wanted to. Keep the 25 to 35 cm distance. Celeriac requires 90 to 120 days to reach harvest.
Caring for Celeriac
- Don't cover the seeds with soil as they need sunlight to germinate.
- After sowing place them in warm area, prefer indoor.
- Apply some poultry manure to the soil.
- Prick the seedlings gently for transplanting.
- Prune excess top growth so the root will grow.
- Remove weeds timely.
Typical uses of Celeriac
Special features: Taste
Culinary use: It is edible raw or cooked. Sliced celeriac occurs as an ingredient in soups, casseroles, and other savory dishes.
Ornamental use: Foliage is attractive and can be kept for an ornamental use.
Medicinal use: It contains a great amount of nutrients and fibres.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments