Heliconia Psittacorum Golden Tourch, Heliconia Lady Diana (Yellow) - Plant
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Heliconia Psittacorum Golden Tourch, Heliconia Lady Diana (Yellow)
It is one that resembles most to the birds-of-paradise. It is an exotic, which blooms abundantly all year long. It has long pointed leaves which shiny green with a red edge. The leaves look similar to that of a banana. It is an exotic, which blooms abundantly all year long. The flowers also make good cut flowers.Very beautiful as a potted plant on the patio in a decorative container.
Planting and care
Supplement feedings with regular applications of liquid fertilizer during warm months for heavier bloom.
Caring for Heliconia Psittacorum Golden Tourch
- The plant requires a high humidity area. It can be grown well next to a water body.
- Add top soil or organic peat humus to the hole when you plant. You might also add in composted cow manure to enrich the soil around the plant's rootball.
- Dead leaves and old stems that have finished flowering should be removed to encourage more flowering.
- In spring cut back to the ground any cold damaged stalks.
- This plant loves to be fed. Fertilize 3 times a year with a top quality granular fertilizer. Supplement feedings with regular applications of liquid fertilizer during warm months for heavier bloom.Regular irrigation is a must.
- This plant needs water and and it needs it often (2 to 3 times a week in summer), though it doesn't do well in a boggy area.
Typical uses of Heliconia Psittacorum Golden Tourch
Special features: Used as Bedding Plant, Container Plant, Cut flower Plant, Feature Plant, Ground cover Plant and Mixed Border Plant
Ornamental use: The flowers make good cut flowers. Very beautiful as a potted plant on the patio in a decorative container.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
I ve never ordered a plant online before. Will the plant not die doing delivery?
I m really impressed with this plant properties.
Plant is in very good condition.....Vase is good ..... Packaging is ok..... Jelly balls were broken....
Got the plant in good condition, and it is growing well.
Couldn t find it anywhere else.