|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Pitcher plant, Nepenthes alata (hanging basket)
The pitcher is actually a swelling of the mid-vein in the leaf. Insects are attracted to this because of nectar secretions and coloration. The slippery rim (peristome) and inner walls of the pitcher encourage insects to fall into the digestive fluid at the bottom of the trap.
Planting and care
Use potting media as coarse soil, coco peat, and perlite. Keep the environment humid and the soil moist but don't let the plants stand constantly in water.
Caring for Pitcher plant
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space
- Keep the potting media moist.
- Do not water on the plant part.
- Apply fertilizer in small quantity.
Typical uses of Pitcher plant
Ornamental use: It is used as an ornamental plant.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Excellent proctus collection
Love how cute the plant is..
Very nice plant but price is ok
Very nice plants...looking so beautiful..thanku nurserylive?
?How many years will it live?