|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Nephrolepis Exaltata Teddy Junior (Green)
The Teddy Junior Fern ( Nephrolepis Exaltata) is the most popular of all ferns grown indoors and has been found to be one of the easiest to care for and maintain. They have a graceful, arching habit, and various cultivars are available.
The leafy branch of the fern is usually called a frond. The small leaflets that make up the whole frond are called pinnae. If you look underneath a fern frond, you will often see small clumps, spots or patches that look like they are stuck onto the under surface of the pinnae. These patches are where you find the spores.
Nephrolepis exaltata has (20 to 98 inch) long and (2 to 6 inch) broad in tufted clusters arising from underground rhizomes. The individual pinnae (leflets) are as much as 2 to 8cm (1 to 3 inch) long and shallowly toothed, but not further divided. The pinnate vein pattern is also visible on these highly compound leaves.
The round sori (clusters of spore-bearing organs) are in two rows near the margins on the underside of the pinnae.The fronds grow upright at first, then arch gracefully downwards. They grow in lovely arching rosette shaped and spread by runners.
Planting and care
Nephrolepis exaltata is an indoor plant that can be grown outdoors in warm areas. The species has broad fronds, 6 inches wide, reaching 5 feet tall. These are the classic Victorian parlour ferns, or Boston ferns. They have a graceful, arching habit, and various cultivars are available.
They require good, indirect light indoors, and monthly feeding. Hardy and easy to cultivate, this small but dense fern is a strong grower in moist soil, of slight acidity. It is an attractive plant whose new fronds are often yellow in color. Wide pinnae with wavy edges sit in the pinnate fronds.
Caring for Nephrolepis Exaltata Teddy Junior
- These ferns need pliantly of space to develop their long fronds. Rotate the plant from time to time to ensure symmetrical growth, but as far as possible leave it undisturbed.
- In some of the extremely feathery forms of Nephrolepis exaltata Bostoniensis some of the fronds of the plant occasionally revers to the original species.
- Cut out any long, insufficiently segmented fronds as soon as they appear.
- If permitted to survive, they will take over the plant.
- Nephrolepis exaltata ferns do not tolerate dry air.
- They need high level of humidity provided by regular misting and trays of moist pebbles placed under their pots.
- Use trepid soft water if possible. Once a week, apply a gentle shower with trepid water.
- Leave them in bath to drain before returning them to their usual place.
- Do not allow the plant a dry at the roots.
- Place the plant in bright sunlight without subjecting it to direct sunlight. Ferns thrive on humidity, so they appreciate a daily misting.
Typical uses of Nephrolepis Exaltata Teddy Junior
Special features: These ferns are suitable for many pot sizes, and have for many years in Europe proven themselves as a very stable variety. These species can also be grown under more difficult circumstances.
Culinary use: na
Medicinal use: na
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Thank you for nice plants deleviry ... now i can trust online shopping of plants?
Plants are alive but flowers have not come out as yet.
Pot seems to be really small. DO I have to shift the plan to the bigger pot as it starts growing in a few months?
It is easiest to grow houseplant.
My plants are thriving! Will definitely buy this plant again when needed.