(Inclusive of all taxes)* Shipping 79
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
* Non returnable
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|* on all orders above Rs 399|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 799
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Nephrolepis exaltata aurea, Golden Fern, Pivla Fern
Nephrolepis exaltata is considered as being a serious invasive plant, forming dense monocultures. It has 50 to 250cm (20 to 98 inch) long and 6 to 15cm (2 to 6 inch) broad in tufted clusters arising from underground rhizomes. The individual pinnae (leaflets) are as much as 2 to 8cm (1 to 3 inch) long and shallowly toothed, but not further divided. The pinnate vein pattern is also visible on these highly compound leaves.
The round sori (clusters of spore-bearing organs) are in two rows near the margins on the underside of the pinnae. The fronds grow upright at first, then arch gracefully downwards. They grow in lovely arching rosette shaped and spread by runners.
Planting and care
They make good houseplants, but require bright, filtered light and humid air.
Propagate from runners between late winter and early spring. Of the commonly cultivated ferns, the Boston fern is the most tolerant to drought. The fern thrives best in humid conditions, so when grown as a houseplant it becomes necessary to mist the plant when relative humidity falls below around 80%.
Caring for Nephrolepis exaltata aurea
- Nephrolepis exaltata is one of the easiest of the ferns to grow indoors. These ferns need pliantly of space to develop their long fronds.
- Rotate the plant from time to time to ensure symmetrical growth, but as far as possible leave it undisturbed.
- In some of the extremely feathery forms of Nephrolepis exaltata Bostoniensis some of the fronds of the plant occasionally revers to the original species.
- Cut out any long, insufficiently segmented fronds as soon as they appear.
- If permitted to survive, they will take over the plant.
- They need the high level of humidity provided by regular misting and trays of moist pebbles placed under their pots. Use trepid soft water if possible.
- Once a week, apply a gentle shower with trepid soft water.
Typical uses of Nephrolepis exaltata aurea
Special features: Attractive foliage
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: It is used for an ornamental plant.
Medicinal use: NA
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments