- Best air purifier plant.
- Low maintenance plant.
What makes it special:
249+ Gift Out of Stock
(Inclusive of all taxes)* Shipping 79
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 799
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|10 Lakh Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Hedera Helix, English Ivy
Hedera helix, commonly known as English ivy, is a vigorous, fast-growing, woody evergreen perennial that is primarily grown as a climbing vine or trailing ground cover. Although commonly grown as a hanging plant indoors, its aerial roots can easily be trained to climb a moss stick or trellis. It thrive in cold and low light situations. According to NASA it is one of the best air purifier plant that removes harmful chemicals like benzene, formaldehyde, xylene from the surrounding air.
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Caring for Hedera Helix
- Keep the plant outdoor in bright light of about 4-5 hours.
- Protect the English Ivy from harsh sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage. Soil
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing English Ivy. Watering
- Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not ever overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season (April - August) feed the English Ivy with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Pruning
- Pruning of English Ivy should be done in spring before new growth starts.
- Simply pinch or snap the vine with your fingers just above a leaf, or prune the plant with clippers or scissors. Re-potting
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
For re-potting procedure click here
Typical uses of Hedera Helix
Special features: Excellent air purifier plant.
Ornamental use: It makes an excellent container or house plant. It can also be grown in hanging basket or as ground cover.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
very durable plant to a wide range of conditions
I have been growing exotic plants for 50 years
Love how cute the plant is..
Is it a live plant?
Online Plants sell the Super Model of plants!