349+ Gift Out of Stock
(Inclusive of all taxes)* Shipping 79
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Flat 40% Cashback|
| * on all orders today |
* max cashback of Rs 350
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|10 Lakh Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Big Dahlia (Orange)
Dahlia is a genus of bushy, tuberous, herbaceous perennial plants native to Mexico, Central America, and Colombia. A member of the Asteraceae or Compositae, dicotyledonous plants There is at least 36 species of dahlia, with hybrids commonly grown as garden plants.
The origin of Dahlia is in Mexico. It came in India around the year of 1860. At first, farming of Dahlia was rare, due to the problem of keeping the plant alive for next year. From the middle of twentieth century, farming of Dahlia advanced rapidly. As that time people discovered, by doing late cutting, it is possible to keep the plant alive throughout the year.
Now they are one of the major attraction in our annual garden, though they belong to a separate group (Bulb). There are many varieties available now, consists of the major groups, namely; pompon dahlia small and medium cactus dahlia small and medium decorative dahlia and large decorative dahlia. Dahlia flower comes in different colour and shapes. The size of the flowers varies from 2 inches to 10 inches in diameter. The petals also vary from single to honeycomb type.
Their sunlight requirement is very high. So plant it, where you can get sunlight throughout the day, or at least six hours in a day.
With a multitude of different colours, shapes and sizes, Dahlias bring life and beauty to your landscape in late summer and into the fall months. The diversity of the Dahlia allow you to use them in many different aspects of your landscape design, from low growing border plants to stately background plantings that may reach six feet in height!
Dahlias make excellent cut flowers, which will typically last about a week in the house.
Planting and care
When & Where to Plant : For best results, dahlias should be planted from mid April through May for most areas. Ground temperature approx. 60 degrees. (exceptions will be hot climates). In general about the same time you would plant your vegetable garden. Dahlias need a sunny location to thrive. An area that receives at least 8 hours of direct sunlight is best. Less sun equals taller plants and less blooms. Exception for hot climates, they will need morning sunlight, afternoon shade.
PH level of your soil should be 6.5-7.0, slightly acidic. Lay the tuber horizontally 4-6 inch deep, about 18 to 24inch apart, and then cover with soil. DO NOT WATER TUBERS AFTER PLANTING!! Please wait to water until after the sprouts have appeared above the ground. The exception will be in hot climates, where they should be watered very lightly.
Caring for Big Dahlia
- There s no need to water the soil until the dahlia plants appear; in fact, over-watering can cause tubers to rot.
- After dahlias are established, provide a deep watering 2 to 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes with a sprinkler (and more in dry, hot climates).
- Like many large-flower hybrid plants, the big dahlias may need extra attention before or after rain, when open blooms tend to fill up with water or take a beating from the wind.
- Bedding dahlias need no staking or disbudding; simply pinch out the growing point to encourage bushiness, and deadhead as the flowers fade. Pinch the center shoot just above the third set of leaves.
- For the taller dahlias, insert stakes at planting time.
- Moderately pinch, dis-branch, and disbud, and deadhead to produce a showy display for 3 months or more.
- Dahlia foliage blackens with the first frost.
- Dahlias are hearty to zone 8 and can be cut back and left in the ground to overwinter; cover with a deep, dry mulch. Elsewhere, the tuberous roots should be lifted and stored during the winter.
Typical uses of Big Dahlia
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Just too beautiful! Plant is very positive and green...Feeling so good
Great plant for a green gift
I like the plant, this is the only plant survive 7 days in traffic and after 2 days it becomes healthier again.
Such a great variety of options!
Thanks Nurserylive. i could not get this product in my area without you!