Guava, Amrud, Psidium Guajava ( Grafted ) - Plant
Description for Guava, Amrud, Psidium Guajava ( Grafted )
It bears attractive bright pink flowers, as opposed to the boring cream white flowers of the usual guava. The guava tree is an interesting plant with mottled greenish bark and long 3 to 7 inch serrated leaves. Guava trees produce white, 1-inch flowers that yield to small round, oval or pear-shaped fruits.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Psidium guajava||White||Throughout the year||20 to 30 feet||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
Layers are used as planting material. The planting is distributed from June - December. A spacing 5 to 6m. Plant the layers with the ball of earth in the centre of the pit of 45 cm x 45 cm x 45 cm size filled with FYM 10 Kg neem cake 1 Kg and topsoil.
|Full Sun to Partial Shade||Well-drained soil||Medium||20 to 30 degrees C||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Guava
- The tree should be planted in well-drained soil where its roots have room to spread.
- Fertilize growing guavas every one to two months while young and then three to four times per year as the tree matures.
- Guava trees need a high amount of nitrogen, phosphoric acid and potash, along with some magnesium for maximum fruit production.
- An example is a formula of 6-6-6-2, worked into soils just prior to the onset of the growing season and then evenly spaced out three times during the growth period.
- Pruning should be done when it grows excess.
- Look for pest attack and apply cure accordingly.
Throughout the year
Typical uses of Guava
Special features: The guava fruit grows on a small tree with a wide, short canopy and a sturdy single to the multi-stemmed trunk.
Culinary use: Mature fruit use for making the Jams and jellies
Ornamental use: NA
Medicinal use: Used in Ayurvedic preparations.
You may browse related categories
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Great plant, great case, great packaging. If you are planning to buy please go ahead.
Nurserylive have adorned my garden, really beautiful!! I
Perfectly OK for indoor use with artificial lighting.