** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today|
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today|
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Custard Apple, Sitafal, Annona squamosa (Grafted)
Well-branched tree or shrub from the family Annonaceae that bears edible fruits called sugar-apples. It tolerates a tropical lowland
Planting and care
Seed propagation is the traditional method, through which the sugar apple tree is grown. It is the most used propagation method. Plant spacing is 5 X 5 m. The plantation is done in the rainy season.
Caring for Custard Apple
- There must be adequate moisture in the soil to encourage vegetative growth and blooms that occur on the new branches.
- The tree should be watered in every 2 to 4 weeks during the period of low growth and every 3 to 5 days while it is flowering and setting fruits.
- Sugar apple is normally fairly low maintenance and quite easy to grow, as long as a level of basic care is provided throughout the year.
- Growing sugar apple tree requires weed management.
- the sugar apple is susceptible to wind damage. Therefore, it should be planted in a location that is sheltered from the wind.
Typical uses of Custard Apple
Special features: Sugar apples (Annona squamosa) are the fruit of one of the most commonly grown Annona trees.
Culinary use: The ripe fruits are edible. The sweetish fruit varies considerably in quality; some are eaten raw but most often they are used in preserves, drinks, ice cream, puddings etc.
Medicinal use: The bark and leaves contain annonaine, an alkaloid. In tropical America, a decoction of the leaves is used as a cold remedy and to clarify urine. A bark decoction is used to stop diarrhoea, while the root is used in the treatment of dysentery.
Sugar-apple is high in energy, an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese, a good source of thiamine and vitamin B6, and provides vitamin B2, B3 B5, B9, iron, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium in fair quantities.
Note: USe only after consulting the specialist.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about custard apple, sitafal, annona squamosa (grafted) - plant