|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Gerbera (Dark Pink)
These beautiful blooms are perfect for any occasion (or for no occasion!) and for any region! Its widely recognized that sending coloured Gerbera Daisies represents different emotions, similar to what each rose colour means.
Gerberas are easy to care for, whether in a vase/pot inside, or planted/potted outside.
Gerbera flowers are popular daisies that feature large, colourful blooms. Though they re commonly sold potted as gifts, they can make wonderful additions to any flower garden. Plus, when you grow your own gerbera flowers, you ll be able to make beautiful cut flower arrangements.
The name of the red gerbera is native to Africa, Madagascar, South America and Tropical Asia. Also known as the African Daisy, as well as Barberton Daisy and Transvaal Daisy, its name comes from the 18 th century German naturalist, Traugot Gerber.
Planting and care
Planting transplants from a garden store or nursery is the best way to plant gerbera daisy, as the plants are undependable and difficult to propagate from seed. Gerbera daisies thrive in well-drained soil improved by the addition of 2 to 3 inches of compost or manure.
While the plants tolerate full sunlight, they perform at their best when exposed to morning sunlight and afternoon shade. When planting gerberas, ensure the crown of the plant - the point where the main stem joins the roots - is planted about 1 inch above the surface of the soil. This step is critical as gerberas tend to suffocate if the crown is buried.
Planting any part of the gerbera s stem can cause the flower to rot. After planting the flowers, pack in the remaining soil firmly and water thoroughly.
Caring for Gerbera
- Make sure your red gerbera daisies are watered properly.
- Leave time for the soil to dry before you water them again, keep the soil moist, not too wet.
- Also, remove any dead head immediately after you notice it, as new blooms should be encouraged.
- Place your gerberas in a sunny windowsill where they can get approximately six hours of sunlight per day.
- Find a semi-shaded area outside if you are growing them outdoors -- a shaded patio or veranda is ideal.
- Expose your gerberas to average local temperatures.
- Avoid temperatures above 70 degrees Fahrenheit, if possible, since heat may cause your gerberas to stop blooming.
- If you can t provide your gerberas with a shaded outdoor area, move them indoors during the hottest hours of the day.
- Water your gerbera plants in the morning.
- Avoid wetting the flowers -- moisten the soil that the pants grow in.
- Allow the soil to dry before watering again.
- Avoid over watering your gerberas as this may trigger poor flower growth and root or crown rot.
- Fertilize your gerberas every other week during the spring and summer flowering period.
- Use a water-soluble fertilizer that s rich in potassium and phosphorous.
- Mist the leaves of your gerbera plants with water at least once a week to increase the humidity and prevent red spider mites.
- Remove old, discoloured leaves and faded flowers and stems to maintain your gerbera plants, prevent fungus infections and to encourage new growth.
Typical uses of Gerbera
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
This plant is one of the easiest to grow and requires no extra attention.
Thanks Nurserylive. i could not get this product in my area without you!
Very nice plant ...n very neatly packed
I had ordered this plant...I m very much satisfied with Nurserylive.... :)
I like very much this product.also i received a free gift on my order,i suggest everyone to buy N.L.