** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today|
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today|
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Ziziphus Mauritiana, Ber ( Grafted )
Ziziphus mauritiana (Ziziphus jujuba Mill.), also known as Indian plum, is a tropical fruit tree species belonging to the family Rhamnaceae. A small spreading tree, with drooping branches; height, 5 to 8 meters; trunk girth, 85 cm; bark, rough, gray or dull black, irregularly cracked. Leaves, ovate, broad, dark green and shining from above. The flowers are yellowish and born in clusters along the leaf axils and this is shortly followed by the rounded fruit.
Planting and care
Z. mauritiana is now found throughout the arid and semi-arid tracts of much of Asia and Africa, also the Americas and Australasia. The trees grow well in abandoned agricultural fields and on marginal lands, requires little rainfall.
Caring for Ziziphus Mauritiana
- If left to itself ber trees would attain bushy, large unmanageable form but the production per unit area is quite low.
- In order to keep the plant in manageable shape and size, trees are trained properly during first 2-3 years to build a strong framework.
- By providing support with a bamboo stick to the new growth of sprout from either in situ or transplanted seedling, vertical growth is encouraged Once the growth is about 1-1.5 meter, the terminal growth Is pinched, allowing lower buds on the main stem to sprout and form main branches.
- After sufficient growth, these primary branches be pinched to develop secondary branches. Thus plants are trained by pruning and kept in manageable shape, size with well-developed framework.
- Pruning is an essential operation in ber production as fruits are borne in the axil of leaves on the young shoots of the current season. Pruning is, therefore, done every year to induce a maximum number of new healthy shoots which bear good quality fruits.
- The best time for pruning was observed to be 15th April to 15th May under a prevailing climatic condition of Maharashtra.
Seedlings take two to three years to start fruit production.
Typical uses of Ziziphus Mauritiana
Special features: Special Horticultural practices: Attempts to increase fruit set, fruit size and early/delayed maturity through application of growth regulators proved to effective. The growth regulators like GA, NAA, CCC and Ethephon were used. GA (10 ppm) and NAA (10 ppm) during fruit development and Ethephon one month before harvesting were sprayed. Application of NAA increased the yield of fruits with cost benefit ratio of 1:3:30.
Culinary use: Root, leaf, Fruit
Ornamental use: NA
Medicinal use: Used in pharmaceutical preparations.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Thank you so much... gifted to someone special and he likes it a lot
Worth Money. Good Product
Plant is in very good condition.....Vase is good ..... Packaging is ok..... Jelly balls were broken....
I can see the love and care that goes into shipping my plants, thanks nurserylive.
Plant was received in very good condition. Cost little more but a good buy
Any query about ziziphus mauritiana, ber ( grafted ) - plant