With this purchase you will get:
Description for Psidium guajava, Guava (Red)
The guava tree is an interesting plant with mottled greenish bark and long 3 to 7 inch serrated leaves. Guava trees produce white, 1-inch flowers that yield to small round, oval or pear-shaped fruits.
Planting and care
Cuttings and layering are more often used as propagation methods for guava fruit trees.
You can grow them on a balcony or on the terrace but prune regularly to maintain the height. The plant should get enough sunlight.
Caring for Psidium guajava
- The tree should be planted in well-drained soil where its roots have room to spread.
- Fertilize growing guavas every one to two months while young and then three to four times per year as the tree matures.
- Guava trees need a high amount of nitrogen, phosphoric acid and potash, along with some magnesium for maximum fruit production.
- An example is a formula of 6-6-6-2, worked into soils just prior to the onset of the growing season and then evenly spaced out three times during the growth period.
- Pruning should be done when it grows excess.
- Look for pest attack and apply cure accordingly.
Typical uses of Psidium guajava
Special features: Fruits
Culinary use: Jams and jellies
Ornamental use: NA
Medicinal use: Used in Ayurvedic preparations.
Note:Please consult your health expert.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Very nice plant to have.
I ve never ordered a plant online before. Will the plant not die doing delivery?
Young ones adapt better
This Exotic Plant looks so beautiful.
Low maintenance perennial indoor potted plant