With this purchase you will get:
Description for Psidium guajava, Guava (Red)
The guava tree is an interesting plant with mottled greenish bark and long 3 to 7 inch serrated leaves. Guava trees produce white, 1-inch flowers that yield to small round, oval or pear-shaped fruits.
Planting and care
Cuttings and layering are more often used as propagation methods for guava fruit trees.
You can grow them on a balcony or on the terrace but prune regularly to maintain the height. The plant should get enough sunlight.
Caring for Psidium guajava
- The tree should be planted in well-drained soil where its roots have room to spread.
- Fertilize growing guavas every one to two months while young and then three to four times per year as the tree matures.
- Guava trees need a high amount of nitrogen, phosphoric acid and potash, along with some magnesium for maximum fruit production.
- An example is a formula of 6-6-6-2, worked into soils just prior to the onset of the growing season and then evenly spaced out three times during the growth period.
- Pruning should be done when it grows excess.
- Look for pest attack and apply cure accordingly.
Typical uses of Psidium guajava
Special features: Fruits
Culinary use: Jams and jellies
Ornamental use: NA
Medicinal use: Used in Ayurvedic preparations.
Note:Please consult your health expert.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Very nice plant to have.
I ve never ordered a plant online before. Will the plant not die doing delivery?
Young ones adapt better
This Exotic Plant looks so beautiful.
Low maintenance perennial indoor potted plant
Any query about psidium guajava, guava (red) - plant