Potted in 4 inch black polybag
Description for Kokum, Ratamba ( Grown through seeds )
Kokum is a tree with a dense canopy of green leaves and red-tinged tender emerging leaves. It is indigenous to the Western Ghats region of India, along with the western coast. The tree is large and handsome, having elliptic, oblong or oblong-lanceolate, deep-green glossy leaves. The flowers are fleshy, dark pink, solitary or in spreading cluster. The fruit is brownish or brownish-gray, marbled with yellow.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Kokam, Goa butter tree, Kokum butter tree, Mangosteen, Bheranda||Dark pink||November to February||25 feet||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
Garcinia has lately grabbed the attention of many health enthusiasts and now when the fruit extract is available under various brand names, you might be thinking whether you can grow it on your own. Definitely it is possible and all you need is a lot of determination and little care. If you are from India or Southeast Asia then the natural climate prevailing at your place would support the growth of Garcinia Cambogia but if you are placed at some other region then you have to follow some simple care tips to grow this fabulous fruit in your courtyard.
|Full Sun||Well-drained soil||Medium||36 degrees C||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Kokum
- The regular garden soil is not recommended, as this soil is more prone to diseases and weeds.
- The tree is adapted to Asian environments and if you plant it in garden soil then there are chances that it dies immature.
- You can make a special potting mixture for this plant by mixing organic compost and garden soil in one is to one proportion.
- The organic compost would be required periodically even after the tree reaches its full grown stage as this will increase the fruit yield of the tree.
- This mixture is somewhat same as the soil mixture you see in the rainforests and hence favorable to the growth.
Typical uses of Kokum
Special features: The proper care taken during initial growth phase would turn out to be great growth booster throughout. Well-maintained saplings turn into healthy trees and eventually give a good yield. Do not forget this is your future and you cannot take shortcuts in shaping your future for sure.
Culinary use: The fruits are plucked when they are ripe and used in juices.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: NA
What Customer says ?
Awesome seeds. All grow and are great.Vinay Kohli
Plant received in good packing, but is not similar as shown in web site.shivam mishra
Awesome.... Really I feel its now safe to buy plants online. Perfect packing....Great idea.Rohin Kumar
Perfectly shipped with care... Live plant is healthy...Gaurav Narwania
I Bought this product and received quickly .Quality wise awesomeSangeeta Chaudhry
Any query about kokum, ratamba ( grown through seeds ) - plant