Guava Sardar L49, Amrud ( Grown through seeds ) - Plant
Description for Guava Sardar L49, Amrud ( Grown through seeds )
Guava is a very popular fruit.It is available throughout the year except during the summer season. Being very hardy, it gives an assured crop even with very little care. Its cost of production is also low because its requirements for fertilizer, irrigation and plant protection are not much.Further, its nutritive value is very high.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Yellow guava||White||Throughout the year||Up to 33 feet.||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
Layers are used as planting material. The planting is distributed from June - December. A spacing 5 to 6m. Plant the layers with the ball of earth in the centre of the pit of 45 cm x 45 cm x 45 cm size filled with FYM 10 Kg neem cake 1 Kg and topsoil.
|Full Sun to Partial Shade||Well-drained soil||Medium||20 to 30 degree C||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Guava Sardar L49
- The tree should be planted in well-drained soil where its roots have room to spread.
- Fertilize growing guavas every one to two months while young and then three to four times per year as the tree matures.
- Guava trees need a high amount of nitrogen, phosphoric acid and potash, along with some magnesium for maximum fruit production.
- An example is a formula of 6-6-6-2, worked into soils just prior to the onset of the growing season and then evenly spaced out three times during the growth period.
- Pruning should be done when it grows excess.
- Look for pest attack and apply cure accordingly.
Throughout the year
Typical uses of Guava Sardar L49
Special features: The leaves are used to season meat and other foods in Caribbean, Latin American and Asian cuisines. It is often added to chutneys, a sauce containing fruits or vegetables that is eaten with other dishes.
Culinary use: Mature fruit use for making the Jams and jellies
Ornamental use: NA
Medicinal use: The plant has been used to treat inflammation and kidney and urinary tract infections; as a diuretic and as a stomach tonic. Other uses include carminative action and treatment of cystitis, urethritis, prostatitis, and gout. It also has been used for leukorrhea and yeast infections.
Note: Used only after consulting the specialist.
You may browse related categories
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Very much happy with the product and service. On time delivery with product being in perfect condition.
This Exotic Plant looks so beautiful.
Is the item durable?