** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today|
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today|
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Badam, Indian Almond, Terminalia Catappa
The Indian Almond Tree (Terminalia catappa) also called Sea Almond or Tropical Almond belongs to the untrue mangroves and is very well known because of its leaves for the use in aquariums. It grows upright and forms a symmetrical crown with horizontal branches distinctively arranged in tiers. As the tree ages, the crown will become increasingly flattened and eventually take on a vase shape.
Planting and care
Plants are almost completely made up of water so it is important to supply them with adequate water to maintain good plant health. Too much water frequently deprives oxygen leading to plant diseases such as root and stem rots.
Caring for Badam
- Dig out an area for the tree that is about 3 or 4 times the diameter of the container or rootball and the same depth as the container or rootball.
- Use a pitchfork or shovel to scarify the sides of the hole.
- If container-grown, lay the tree on its side and remove the container. Loosen the roots around the edges without breaking up the root ball too much.
- Position tree in center of hole so that the best side faces forward. You are ready to begin filling in with soil.
- If planting a balled and burlaped tree, position it in hole so that the best side faces forward.
- Untie or remove nails from burlap at top of ball and pull burlap back, so it does not stick out of hole when soil is replaced.
- Create a water ring around the outer edge of the hole.
- Not only will this conseve water, but will direct moisture to perimeter roots, encouraging outer growth.
- Once tree is established, water ring may be leveled.
- Studies show that mulched trees grow faster than those unmulched, so add a 3 inch layer of pinestraw, compost, or pulverized bark over backfilled area.
- Remove any damaged limbs.
Typical uses of Badam
Culinary use: The fruit and seed are edible. Oil extracted from the dried nuts is edible and used in cooking in parts of South America. Indian almond leaves contain several different flavonoids, including kaempferol and quercetin. It is also rich in various tannins. It is astringent and bitter.
Ornamental use: The Almond tree provides deep shade and has become a beloved ornamental tree in tropical gardens, parks and along streets.
Medicinal use: Leaf extract exhibited potent anti-diabetic effects and suppress bone weight loss in ovariectomized mice. Ethanol leaf extracts displayed analgesic and anti-inflammatory activities.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
I had ordered this plant...I m very much satisfied with Nurserylive.... :)
Very nice plant. Got delivered with very good condition. Gonna order one more
Quick delivery, good price
IS this, an indoor plant ????
Very good plant, very impressive packing, 2-3 leaves were dried. But will give 5 star
Any query about badam, indian almond, terminalia catappa - plant