1 packet contains - 3gm / 10gm seeds.
Description for Water Melon F1 Sanya 786
Everyone seems to love juicy watermelon in the summertime. Native to Africa, melons need warm temperatures (up to 80 degrees during the day) and a long growing season.
Gardeners in colder climates can still have success in growing watermelon by starting seeds indoors and choosing short-season varieties. Days to maturity range from 70 to 90, depending on the variety.
Planting and care
Growing watermelons requires lots of space, lots of sun, lots of water and lots of nutrients.
Caring for Water Melon F1 Sanya 786
- Mulching with black plastic will serve multiple purposes: it will warm the soil, hinder weed growth and keep developing fruits clean.
- While melon plants are growing, blooming, and setting fruit, they need 1 to 2 inches of water per week.
- Water at the vine s base in the morning, and try to avoid wetting the leaves and avoid overhead watering.Reduce watering once fruit are growing. Dry weather produces the sweetest melon.
- Pruning isn t necessary, but vine productivity may be improved if you do not allow lateral (side) vines to grow and stick to the main vine When the plant is young, just cut off the end buds as they form (before the side shoots become vines).
- As fruit is ripening, prevent rotting by gently lifting it and putting some cardboard or straw between the fruit and the soil.
Typical uses of Water Melon F1 Sanya 786
Special features: Days to maturity range from 70 to 90, depending on the variety.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
The seeds are genuine. Just planted and could see some germination after a week. Awaiting for its growth. Thank you
Good seeds and quality packing
Over 90% germination. Good Quality
I planted the seeds in a vermincompost/soil mix outside in the shadow. Since it is very hot right now it is perfect for tomatos to grow. The seeds germinated a few days after planting them
The vegetable seeds have germinated.I can give my real review only after a few months