Anjeer, Common fig - Plant
Description for Anjeer, Common fig
The health benefits of figs or anjeer include its use as a treatment for sexual dysfunction, constipation, indigestion, piles, diabetes, cough, bronchitis, and asthma.
It is also used as a quick and healthy way to gain weight back after suffering through an illness.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Anjeer, Common Fig||Green||Seasonal bloomer||2.00 to 20.00 feet||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
When in doubt, All-America Rose Selections winners are good bets. Or check with your local nursery.If you order plants from a mail-order company, order early, in January or February (March at the latest).
|Full sun, Partial sun||Well-drained soil||Medium||45Â°C||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Anjeer
- Wear elbow-length gloves that are thick enough to protect your hands from thorns or a clumsy slip, but flexible enough to allow you to hold your tools.
- Always wear safety goggles; branches can whip back when released.Start with pruning shears for smaller growth.
Typical uses of Anjeer
Special features: Ornamental or fruit tree. In Missouri, plants may be grown in sheltered locations outdoors with root mulch or in containers that are overwintered indoors.
- Figs can be eaten fresh or dried, and used in jam-making.
- Most commercial production is in dried or otherwise processed forms, since the ripe fruit does not transport well, and once picked does not keep well.
- The widely produced fig newton or fig roll is a biscuit (cookie) with a filling made from figs.
- Fresh figs are in season from August through to early October.
- Fresh figs used in cooking should be plump and soft, and without bruising or splits.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
- It is recommended for people who suffer from iron deficiency (anemia) to add figs to their diet, as figs are good source of iron.
- Figs are recommended for people who suffer from digestive problems, as they improve the digestive system
- Figs are used to get rid of toxins, and are considered as one of the foods with the most alkaline pH, and therefore they balance the acidic conditions resulting from consuming a diet rich in meat.
- Figs, especially dry figs, are rich in calcium which is one of the most important components in strengthening bones and reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Figs are especially beneficial to treat warts. The milky sap (latex) of figs contain anti viral properties, so applying it on the warts twice a day helps to cure them.
- Note: The following information is general guidelines. Be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines. .
- http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/ http://www.flowersofindia.net/