|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Terminalia Belerica, Bahera
Leaves are alternately arranged or fascicled at the end of branches, Flowers arise in spikes in leaf axils. Seeds are of 2 cm. The nuts of the tree are rounded but with five flatter sides.
Planting and care
Pre-soaking in cold / warm water for 24 hours prior to sowing has been reported to improve germination rates. Germination needs much moisture, and usually, takes 2 - 5 weeks.
Caring for Terminalia Belerica
- It is fairly sensitive to frost, though seedlings can survive, particularly when covered with grass.
- Generally, temperatures of -1 degrees C can kill a tree.
- Prefers periodically dry soils, and is moderately drought tolerant.
Typical uses of Terminalia Belerica
Special features: Widely used in Ayurveda.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: NA
Medicinal use: The pulp of the fruit (Beleric myrobalan) is considered by Hindu physicians to be astringent and laxative and is prescribed with salt and long pepper in affections of the throat and chest. It is a main constituent of the Triphala.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Good seeds and quality packing