it is commonly known as the भुत्या in Marathi (meaning ghost tree).
** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today|
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today|
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Sterculia urens is a species of plant in the family Malvaceae. It is native to India and has been introduced into Burma.
Common name: ghost tree, kulu, Indian tragacanth, gum karaya, katira, sterculia gum or kateera gum.
Bloom time: April to May
Height: 20.00 to 40.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The vining varieties require a support structure as some can get 15 feet tall. All plants prefer sun to light shade sites with well-draining and moderately fertile soil. Install the plant in the ground at the same level it was growing in the nursery pot. Most plants are grafted onto the common rootstock because of its superior hardiness.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 10-40 deg C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Plants do not thrive in Zones 9 to 10 without a period of refrigeration; they need a cold, dormant period.
- Select a site with soil that drains well.
- How can you tell? After a good rain, find a spot that is the first to dry out.
- Water trapped beneath the scales may rot the bulb, so a well-drained site is essential.
- Also, select a site that gets full sun.
- Clean away from around the base of the rosebushes any trimmed debris that can harbor disease and insects.
- Late in the season, stop deadheading rugosas so that hips will form on the plants; these can be harvested and dried on screens, away from sunlight, then stored in an airtight container.
Specimen landscape tree. In full flower, this tree produces a spectacular bloom.
- Sterculia urens is a species of plant in the family Malvaceae.
- It is native to India and has been introduced into Burma.
- A small to medium-sized tree with a pale-coloured trunk, it is commonly known as the भुत्या in Marathi (meaning ghost tree), kulu, Indian tragacanth, gum karaya, katira, sterculia gum or kateera gum.
for medicinal use
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Good germination rate..n what impresses me the most is the amount of seeds they provide..good work!
Any query about sterculia urens, indian gum - 0.5 kg seeds