** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today|
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today|
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Sphagnum Moss Grass
Too little light results in dull colors. Performs well on pond peripheries. Prefers loamy soils that never dry out. Soils must be well-drained however. Prefers at least moderate humidity in a moist growing medium.
Planting and care
Plant where they will receive a minimum of 5 to 6 hours of full sun per day. Plants grown in weak sun may not die at once, but they weaken gradually. Give them plenty of organic matter when planting and dont crowd them.Wear sturdy gloves to protect your hands from prickly thorns.
Caring for Sphagnum Moss Grass
- Before you begin to plant or grow your moss, you will need to start by taking cuttings that are actively growing.
- These should come from the top four inches of the plant.
- Be sure that you cut these sections no bigger than an inch in size.
- Once the moss is ready to go, you can start preparing the area. Be sure that you acquire a good quality of peat moss.
- If you are using a mini bog, make it no deeper than twenty inches.
- Sow with a one to ten ratio. This means that the cuttings that are taken from a single square foot should be used to seed ten square feet.
- If you use a light layer of mulch, there is a good chance that this will encourage the growth rate of your moss.
- Be sure that you mulch just deep enough to keep the moss from becoming dried out, but shallow enough to allow light to reach your moss.
- When you are dealing with a larger area, you can use straw successfully.
- It is very important that you pay attention to the water level.
- You should occasionally flood the moss with no more than an inch of water.
- When you are just beginning to grow your moss, keep the water level to a point that will keep your moss from drying out.
- If the tips become brown, raise the water level. Do not use hard water for your sphagnum moss.
- The temperature should never get above seventy degrees or below fifty for your moss. A basin is usually the best place to start them off.
- If you are able to allow more light conditions, you will find that your moss will become more colorful.
- Because sphagnum has no roots, it can grow over just about anything as long as the conditions are right for it to properly flourish.
- You should always keep in mind that sphagnum grows naturally in swamps, bogs and dens.
- This means that you should try to mimic this environment as much as possible to keep your sphagnum moss both healthy and happy.
Typical uses of Sphagnum Moss Grass
Medicinal use: For thirty years, Sphagnum Moss had been used as a surgical dressing in Germany. The growing plant, with its underlying layers of withered stems and leaves, is collected, picked clean from other plants, pineneedles, etc., and dried. ... Sphagnum Moss has important advantages (as an absorbent) over cotton-wool.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Good seeds and quality packing
Your Product name is Sphagnum Moss seeds....But I have received dried moss...That is no use to me....
Any query about sphagnum moss grass - 0.5 kg seeds