|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Sandal Wood Red, Chandan Red
Sandal wood (Santalum album) is the source of world famous Indian sandal wood oil, which is extensively used in the perfumery industry. Both wood and oil are used in incense, perfumes and in medicine.sandalwood being closely grained and amicable to carving, the wood is suitable for making idols and boxes of exquisite beauty.
Major portion of the sandal wood oil is produced by steam distillation of the pulverized heart wood and root. The yield of oil varies from 1.5-2.0 percent.
The main constituents of sandal wood oil are a and b santalols which account for 90-03percent of the oil. Sandal tree starts flowering from 3rd or 4th year and flowering season generally lasts from February to April while fruiting takes place between July to October.
Planting and care
Pterocarpus santalinus, Red Sanders or Red Sandalwood is a species of Pterocarpus native to India. It is found in south India in Kadapa, Chittoor, mostly in the hilly region of Nepal, in Pakistan and in Sri Lanka. It is fast-growing when young, reaching 5 m tall in three years even on degraded soils. It is not frost tolerant, being killed by low temperatures.
Caring for Sandal Wood Red
- Sandal trees grow mainly on red ferregenuous loam, overlying metamorphic rocks, chiefly gneiss.
- They can tolerate shallow, rocky ground and stony or gravelly soils, voiding saline or calcareous soils, and are not exacting about the depth of the soil.
- Rich and moist soils such as well-drained alluvial soils, do not support sandalwood well; the heartwood in such trees will be deficient in oil.
- Trees grown on poor soils yield better oil, though they cannot withstand water-logging.
In the sandalwood, sapwood and heartwood are well demarcated.
Typical uses of Sandal Wood Red
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: Always seek advice from a professional before using a plant medicinally.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Superb! Amazing! Excellent ????... Superb germination and healthy plants! Almost all seeds germinated.... The germination rate is 95%, superb quality seeds
Good but after two moths i will see the result
I WAITING FOR THE RESULT, IF IT SUCCESSFUL I WILL RECOMMEND TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY ABOUT THIS
Seeds germinated fast, in 1 week. Thanks.
Vey Nice Seeds but good in quantity.