Quercus Robur, English Oak - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Quercus robur, commonly known as the pedunculate oak is a species of flowering plant in the beech and oak family Fagaceae. It is native to most of Europe west of the Caucasus.
Common name: English oak
Bloom time: April
Height: 40.00 to 70.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The green foliage is 2-5" long and features 3-7 rounded lobes. A characteristic that can be used to identify the species is that the petiole (connecting leaf stalk) is quite short. The leaves may turn brown in the autumn and may not fall off until winter.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: -6 °C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Quercus robur is able to tolerate a range of soil pHs from acidic to alkaline.
- For optimal growth, find a location that has soil that stays moist but still provides good drainage.
As with other oak tree species, it is not easy to transplant the English oak since they form a long tap root.
- The best option is to start an acorn at your planting site.
- Varieties are propagated through grafting to ensure that its distinguishing characteristics stay true.
Harvesting: the ca 25 days of shedding
- The English oak does not grow very fast and usually will not need much, if any, pruning as it will naturally create a pleasing shape over the years.
- Proper maintenance should include the removal of any parts of the tree that have become dead, damaged or diseased to help the tree stay healthy.
A large shade tree for very large lawns or parks.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
There are yet no reviews for this product.