Caesalpinia Pulcherrima, Peacock Flower, Red Bird of Paradise - 0.5 Kg Seeds
** for new paypal users only
Winter hardy to USDA Zones 9-11 where it is easily grown in medium moisture, fertile, well drained soils in full sun. Tolerates some light shade, but best flowers occur in full sun.
Common name: peacock flower
Color: Orange-yellow with red stamens
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 10.00 to 20.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
You can plant them either in containers or in the ground where you want them to grow about ½ inch deep in moist soil. Keep soil moist but do not saturate. Answer: I recommend that you wait until after the first freeze and then cut the Pride of Barbados (Caesalpinia pulcherrima) back to the ground.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- The soil for Pride of Barbados plants does not have to be especially fertile or high in organic matter.
- Poor sandy soils are fine for this plant.
- Soil pH can be acidic, neutral or alkaline.
- Good drainage is extremely important, though.
- The water must drain quickly away from the root zone.
- Pride of Barbados plants should be watered deeply once or twice each week for the first year or two after planting.
- Once the plants become well established, they are highly drought-tolerant and should not need supplemental water but, for best growth and blooming, water them during prolonged droughts.
Hedge, screen background. In Hawaii, flowers are sometimes used in leis.
- Plants belonging to the family Leguminoceae have wide folklore medicinal uses.
- Caesalpinia pulcherrima Swartz vernacularly known as Guletura is widely distributed in India and its leaves, flower, bark, and seeds are used in Indian medicine.
- The plant is considered as a tonic, stimulant, and emmenagogue.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about caesalpinia pulcherrima, peacock flower, red bird of paradise - 0.5 kg seeds