Areca Palm - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Description for Areca Palm
The areca palm (Chrysalidocarpus lutescens or Dypsis lutescens), also called the yellow butterfly palm and golden cane palm is one of the easiest palm trees to grow indoors. The Areca palm very rarely flowers potted or indoors.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Areca palm, yellow butterfly palm, and golden cane palm||Bright yellow||NA||6 to 7 feet||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
Take a suitable size pot with a soilless potting mix. You can add 1 part compost plus 1 part sand, to its 2 parts soil.
Using a knife, give a cut to the fibrous husk that covers the seed and peel it off to get the smooth seed inside.
Bury the seed in the soilless potting mix to a depth so that its top surface is just barely visible. keep the top couple of inches of potting mix moist. The areca palm will typically germinate within two to six weeks. Humidity levels of 60 to 70% are ideal. 25 to 27 degrees C will be an ideal temperature while germinating.
|Full sun to partial shade||Chalky, Loamy, Sandy soil, and moist but well-drained.||Moderate||22 to 30 degrees C||Prefer an organic fertilizer.|
Caring for Areca Palm
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Areca Palm
Special features: Beautiful foliage
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: It is widely used for an ornamental purpose. It will enhance the beauty of the entrance,
Medicinal use: NA
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
There are yet no reviews for this product.