** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today|
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today|
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Areca Palm
The areca palm (Chrysalidocarpus lutescens or Dypsis lutescens), also called the yellow butterfly palm and golden cane palm is one of the easiest palm trees to grow indoors. The Areca palm very rarely flowers potted or indoors.
Planting and care
Take a suitable size pot with a soilless potting mix. You can add 1 part compost plus 1 part sand, to its 2 parts soil.
Using a knife, give a cut to the fibrous husk that covers the seed and peel it off to get the smooth seed inside.
Bury the seed in the soilless potting mix to a depth so that its top surface is just barely visible. keep the top couple of inches of potting mix moist. The areca palm will typically germinate within two to six weeks. Humidity levels of 60 to 70% are ideal. 25 to 27 degrees C will be an ideal temperature while germinating.
Caring for Areca Palm
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Areca Palm
Special features: Beautiful foliage
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: It is widely used for an ornamental purpose. It will enhance the beauty of the entrance,
Medicinal use: NA
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Very fast germination just on the third day from seeding. Happy with that but has to update the review later based on the yield. If it gives yield just as shown in the picture it will be excellent. Le
Any query about areca palm - 0.5 kg seeds