With this purchase you will get:
Description for Chlorophytum, Spider Plant (Hanging Basket)
The Spider Plant, or Chlorophytum comosum, is possibly the most popular house plant.
One of the most interesting points of the Spider Plant is its ability to rapidly propagate itself, through us, people!
A "baby" or "pup" from the mother plant will often root with a very high success rate and within a year it s producing babies of its own to give out to your family and friends. Children love it and adults too.
They are good at purifying the air in your home and they are very easy to maintain.
Planting and care
Caring for Chlorophytum
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Chlorophytum
Special features: Variegated leaves
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose. Neat clumping habit is ideal for mass planting near pools, in garden beds and borders.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments