Cassia javanica, Javanica - 1 Kg Seeds
Description for Cassia javanica, Javanica
The Cassia has few distinguishing features can be observed with little trouble. It is slightly smaller, but has the same spreading crown, long drooping branches and numerous, feathery leaves, but the branches are rough. The flowers are similar but the sepals are smooth, green inside and deep-red underneath.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Apple Blossom||Light Pink||Spring / Summer||20 to 30 feet||Easy.|
Planting and care
Cassia tree care requires very little, but that little is important. Once your seed has germinated and has about six leaves, its time to decide where your tree will be growing. Cassia trees need full sun to flower and produce the most colorful blossoms.
|Full Sun||Acidic, Neutral, Well-drained soil||Average Water Needs, Water regularly, do not overwater.||Hardiness 35-40 degrees F.||a generic N-P-K (nitrogen - phosphorus - potassium)|
Caring for Cassia javanica
- Cassia tree care requires very little, but that little is important. Once your seed has germinated and has about six leaves, its time to decide where your tree will be growing.
- Cassia trees need full sun to flower and produce the most colorful blossoms.
- They are tolerant of most soil types with a neutral pH, and while they like water, they do best in well drained soils.
- Dig your whole twice the size of the root ball and add peat moss and compost to the fill dirt, adding a handful of slow release fertilizer.
- Planting a cassia tree this way will give it the healthiest start.
- Leave a trough around your tree to collect water and see that it is watered regularly until the roots are well established.
- Young trees need to be staked and will look a little scrawny for the first five years or so and then it will begin to fill out.
- These trees have a tendency to weep so if you want a fuller look, pruning will be a part of your early cassia tree care.
Typical uses of Cassia javanica
Medicinal use: It is used medicinally for treating constipation, colic, chlorosis and urinary disorders.Its leaves are effective against herpes simplex and the bark of Cassia is one of the ingredients in ayurvedic and other traditional medicine antidiabetic formulations.