- Hardy flowering plant
- Easy to grow
- Low maintenance plant.
What makes it special:
(Inclusive of all taxes)* Shipping 79
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Bird of Paradise
Interesting Fact: Bird of Paradise (Strelitzia) is a tropical evergreen that features colorful flowers reminiscent of tropical birds.
It flowers come in a variety of colors. The flowers emerge from stiff, greenish to reddish-purple, beak-like spathes on long, stout stalks above the foliage. The tough, leathery, green leaves are similar to bananas and are attractive as well. The large leaves range between 12 and 18 inches long.
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Caring for Bird of Paradise
- Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Keep the plant in full to partial sunlight area.
- Use nutrient rich, well drained, well aereted, and porous potting mix.
- Water a plant when the topsoil in pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
- Apply fertilize a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots to the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Application of Fertilizer:
For re-potting procedure click here
Typical uses of Bird of Paradise
Special features: Dramatic flowers
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Attractive plants for pot culture
Great plant for a green gift
Can i keep it in my ac room?
when I put the plant indoors totally, it started having yellow leaves.
Great plant, great case, great packaging. If you are planning to buy please go ahead.