Out of Stock
(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Beleperone Guttata
Justicia brandegeeana is a perennial shrub and will last for several years. It has become a quite common indoor plant. It is popularly known as Shrimp Plant because of its drooping, shrimp-like flower spikes.The most prominent parts of these spikes are terminal bracts, which are heart-shaped, reddish brown or pink and up to 2 cm (0.8 inches) long. The bracts almost conceal white flowers that protrude from between them. The 10-13 cm (4-5 inch) long flower spikes are produced continuously during the growing season, which lasts for as much as 10 months a year.
Planting and care
The shrimp is grown primarily for its flower heads producing a profusion of overlapping floral bracts, tipped with small white flowers with purple-spots, each having two slender petals and long yellow stamens, amid bright green leaves.
The chief effect is made by the long-lasting, unique flower bracts. The flowers last only a few days but the flower heads last for a long period of time. This makes the plant to appear in bloom all year round.
Caring for Beleperone Guttata
- It should be given plenty of water when flowering, and good drainage is absolutely necessary.
- It likes a warm, moist temperature which should not be lower than 55 degrees.
- In summer your shrimp can enjoy a vacation in the garden and continue to bloom.
- You may sink it, pot and all to the rim, in a sunny location.
- From time to time the pot should be rotated so roots will not go through the drainage hole and become embedded in the soil.
- In the fall, take up the pot, cut the plant back and re-pot it. Or perhaps you will have a supply of new plants and will not care to over-winter the old one.
- However, it will continue to bloom for several years.
Typical uses of Beleperone Guttata
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: It is a highly ornamental and amenable house plant which likes plenty of light, will tolerate full sun and enjoys the company of other plants.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
How crazy that we all have plants on the mind.
Ideal plant for green gift
Attractive plants for pot culture
Got in good condition, found no problem, happy :)
I Bought this product and received quickly .Quality wise awesome