|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Thunbergia Alata (White)
Thunbergia alata, commonly called Black-eyed Susan vine, is a herbaceous perennial climbing plant species in the Acanthaceae family. It is native to Eastern Africa, and has been naturalized in other parts of the world. It is found in Cerrado vegetation of Brazil and Hawaii, along with eastern Australia and the southern USA in the states of Texas and Florida.
It is a tropical evergreen twining vine that eventually climbs. Features ovate-triangular toothed green leaves and solitary axillary salverform orange-yellow flowers with 5 spreading petal lobes and dark throats. Blooms in summer to fall, but best bloom is often in late summer and fall after the hot summer temperatures moderate.
Planting and care
Black-Eyed Susan Vines are only hardy in USDA zones 9-12.
They should be grown in a spot with full sun or very light shade,
except in hot summer regions where they will require shade during the afternoon.
In the garden, Thunbergias should be planted in humus rich, evenly moist, well-drained soil that has been supplemented with a generous amount of compost at planting time, or in a good quality potting soil if they are grown in planters.
Caring for Thunbergia Alata
- Black Eyed Susan Vines are very easy to grow.
- Grow the plants in full sun to light shade. In hotter regions, plant where they will receive afternoon shade.
- Grow Thunbergia in rich soils to help fuel growth. Prior to planting, mix in ample amounts of compost.
- Add a general purpose fertilizer every 4-6 weeks. Thunbergia plants do not tolerate droughts very well.
- Keep the soil well watered, especially when young, and during hot and dry weather. If grown in containers, be vigilant that they do not dry out.
- Keep young plants well weeded, until they get established and begin to climb. Thunbergia plants can be trimmed, as needed.
- Plants need the support of a fence, trellis or post. Train young plants to reach the support.
Typical uses of Thunbergia Alata
Special features: Used mainly as an ornamental plant, Thunbergia alata makes a good screen when used to cover unsightly dead trees or walls. It needs some support, as it cannot cling. Use fences, trellises, arches, arbours and pillars or a lightly shading tree.
(Pergolas would probably be too big.) Alternatively, plant this creeper in groups as a ground cover, or on a bank or terraces where it can trail downwards. Hanging baskets are also a possibility.
Ornamental use: Trellises, arbors, fences or other structures around the home. Also effective in hanging baskets where the vine can twist around the basket supports or in patio containers with a small trellis or obelisk buried in the container.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Perfectly OK for indoor use with artificial lighting.
?Is it real plant or artificial ???
I Bought this product and received quickly .Quality wise awesome
Very nice plant. Beautiful plant. Nurserylive service very good replace policy is very very good.?
Very good garden plants, worth enough for normal gardening. Got for deal price.