Lotus ( Mix Colors ) - 4 Seeds ( buy1get1free )
Description for Lotus ( Mix Colors )
Best grown in moist, acidic, humusy soils in part shade to full shade. Plants may be grown from seed, but will not flower for 4-5 years. Quicker and better results are obtained from planting corms which are sold by many bulb suppliers and nurseries. In addition, offsets from mature plants may be harvested and planted
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Kamal, Lotus||Yellow,Pink, Blue, White||April||upto 0.50 feet||easy to grow|
Planting and care
|Full Sun||Muddy water||They grow in water||21 C||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Lotus
- The Lotus plant should be fertilized sparingly for the first year.
- Too much fertilizer may cause the Lotus foliage to burn.
- A Lotus plant that is established can be fed every 3 or 4 weeks during the growing season.
- Care must be taken when inserting fertilizer tabs, because the growing tip and new growth can be damaged.
- It is important to protect the Lotus roots from freezing.
- Lotus can winter over in the pond if the pond depth is below the freeze line for your area.
- In late fall, the yellowed foliage should be cut off and the plant lowered to the deepest part of the pond.
- Or you may lift the tubers after the plant has died back during the fall.
- If you lift the tubers, store them in a cool, frost-free location until late spring.
- To help prevent mildew and rotting, store them in living sphagnum moss.
Typical uses of Lotus
Special features: Naturalize in moist soils in shaded areas of native plant gardens, shade gardens, woodland gardens or wild/naturalized areas. Also grows well in pond or stream banks or in shady areas of rock gardens.
Medicinal use: The flower is used to brew lotus teas, which relieves cardiac complications and helps to stop bleeding.
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Is this available in other color varieties also.
Can we grow it like a climber on the gates?
What pot size should I use for this plant.