Description for Dahlia Unwin Hybrids Mix
Dahlia has many varieties available now, consists of the major groups, namely; pompon dahlia small and medium cactus dahlia small and medium decorative dahlia and large decorative dahlia. Dahlia flower comes in different color and shapes. The size of the flowers varies from 2 inches to 10 inches in diameter. The petals also vary from single to honeycomb type.
Dahlias make excellent cut flowers, which will typically last about a week in the house.
When given as a gift, the dahlia flower expresses sentiments of dignity and elegance. It is also the symbol of a commitment and bond that lasts forever.
Planting and care
Dahlias should be planted in the spring season for most areas. It needs a sunny location to thrive. An area that receives at least 8 hours of direct sunlight is best. Less sun equals taller plants and fewer blooms. Exception for hot climates, they will need morning sunlight, afternoon shade.
Caring for Dahlia Unwin Hybrids Mix
- Watering should be done early in the morning if the soil feels dry to touch.
- Pinch out the growing point to encourage to the flowers bud.
- Pinch the center shoot just above the third set of leaves.
- For the taller dahlias, insert stakes at planting time.
- Moderately pinch, dis-branch, and dis-bud, and deadhead to produce a showy display for 3 months or more.
- Mulch with the plastic mulch or organic mulch.
Typical uses of Dahlia Unwin Hybrids Mix
Special features: Attractive Flower
Ornamental use: Dahlia is used as the ornamental plant.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments