Convallaria, Lily of the valley (Mix Color) - 4 bulbs - buy 1 get 1 free
Lily of the valley, sometimes written lily-of-the-valley, scientific name Convallaria majalis /ˌkɒnvəˈlɛəriə məˈdʒeɪlᵻs/, is a sweetly scented, highly poisonous woodland flowering plant that is native throughout the cool temperate Northern Hemisphere
Common name: lily of the valley
Bloom time: April
Height: 0.50 to 1.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
This easy-care plant doesn’t require much to thrive. Preferring partial shade and a moist soil, growing lily of the valley is easy if you know how and when to plant. That being said, these plants are adaptable and will grow very well in dry shade too. Lily of the valley can also be adapted to full sun or full shade, depending on the amount of moisture it receives.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Knowing when to plant lily of the valley will help to ensure its survival in your garden.
- Planting lily of the valley should take place by late fall.
- Cool winter temperatures are required to allow a proper dormancy period.
Harvesting: 2-3 weeks.
- The single underground rhizomes of this plant, which are known as “pips”, can be divided anytime after flowering.
- November or December would be the ideal time for division and planting lily of the valley.
- Care should be taken when planting as it is a poisonous plant, so keep it away from children and pets.
Best as a ground cover for shady areas where aggressive spread is desired. May be too rambunctious for shady areas of rock gardens or borders. Popular cut flower. Performs well under the shade of trees and shrubs.
- Hawthorne (Crataegus) can be safely consumed when used appropriately.
- Lily of the Valley (Convallaria) should not be taken during pregnancy.
- Convallaria may interact with digoxin.
- Other than the medical setting in which the drug Digoxin is administered, acute intoxications from cardiac glycosides is rare
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
You should provide more details to help us in growing these seed vareities.
I want to buy this plant.
will u deliver this to my address.