Minimum quantity to order : 5 pieces
Description for Daffodil Las Vegas (White, Yellow)
This fall planted perennial bulbs are scapose, having a single central leafless hollow flower stem. Several green or blue-green, narrow, strap-shaped leaves arise from the bulb. The plant stem usually bears a solitary flower, but occasionally a cluster of flowers (umbel). Flowers may be single or double, grow singly on a stem or with multiple flowers per stem, and height varies from 6 to 20 inches.
This trumpet shape contains the stamens and is the most conspicuous feature of the flower. The popularity of daffodil has resulted in the production of many varieties differing from the yellow parent form mainly in colour; the trumpet and petals may themselves be of contrasting yellow, white, pink, or orange.
Planting and care
The general rule for planting is to cover the bulb with soil to 3 times its vertical diameter. Keep planting depth at 6 to 8 inches and planting spacing should be 4 to 6 inches.
Set them upright at the bottom of the hole, tops up (pointed side up), and space properly. After planting water thoroughly to settle the soil and to encourage the start of root growth. After they bloom in the spring, allow the plants to grow until they die off. They need time after blooming to store energy in the bulbs for next year.
Caring for Daffodil Las Vegas
- Apply a low-nitrogen, high-potash fertilizer after flowering if bulbs are not performing.
- Water late-flowering daffodils in dry spring weather (flowers may abort in dry conditions).
- Keep plantings well watered if precipitation fails; continue until the foliage begins to yellow.
- Deadhead plants as flowers fade (for neater garden appearance) and allow leaves to remain for at least 6 weeks.
- Lift and divide the clumps when flowering becomes sparse or the clumps congested.
- To remove the dead plants, either snip them off at the base or twist the leaves while pulling lightly.
- Once daffodils and tulips have gone by, add bonemeal to the soil for next year s blooms.
Typical uses of Daffodil Las Vegas
Special features: Attractive flowers
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: Daffodils bring cheer to the spring garden with abundant flowers in hues of yellow, white, pink, and salmon. Varieties are available in a range of sizes and forms.
Medicinal use: NA
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Can we grow it like a climber on the gates?
How to order this plant.
What fertilizer should we use for this plant
Seeds for this plant are available with u?
Perfect plant to bring contrast colours in your garden.