- Easy to grow.
- Suitable both for pot and anging basket
- Classy plant for interior look.
What makes it special:
(Inclusive of all taxes)Free Shipping
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Flat 40% Cashback|
| * on all orders today |
* max cashback of Rs 350
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|10 Lakh Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Nephrolepis Exaltata Teddy Junior (Green)
The Teddy Junior Fern ( Nephrolepis Exaltata) is the most popular of all ferns grown indoors and has been found to be one of the easiest to care for and maintain. They have a graceful, arching habit, and various cultivars are available.
The leafy branch of the fern is usually called a frond.
The small leaflets that make up the whole frond are called pinnae. If you look underneath a fern frond, you will often see small clumps, spots or patches that look like they are stuck onto the undersurface of the pinnae. These patches are where you find the spores. The pinnate vein pattern is also visible on these highly compound leaves.
The round sori (clusters of spore-bearing organs) are in two rows near the margins on the underside of the pinnae. The fronds grow upright at first, then arch gracefully downwards. They grow in lovely arching rosette shaped and spread by runners.
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Caring for Nephrolepis Exaltata Teddy Junior
- Keep the plant in indirect bright sunlight or partial sunlight area.
- The ferns survives in the outer as well as in the indoor condition, just protect from the harsh sunlight.
- Use nutrient rich, well drained, well aereted, and porous potting mix.
- Water a plant when the topsoil in pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
- Apply fertilize a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots to the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
Application of Fertilizer:
For re-potting procedure click here
Typical uses of Nephrolepis Exaltata Teddy Junior
Special features: These ferns are suitable for many pot sizes and have for many years in Europe proven themselves as a very stable variety. These species can also be grown under more difficult circumstances.
Culinary use: na
Ornamental use: Nephrolepis exaltata is a very popular house plant, often grown in hanging baskets.
Medicinal use: na
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Very much happy with the product and service. On time delivery with product being in perfect condition.
Good for the price paid
I am staying in Bangalore so delivery time may damage the plant?
I m really impressed with this plant properties.
Thanks Nurserylive. i could not get this product in my area without you!