- NASA recommended Air purifier plant
- Best plant for AC rooms
- Zero maintenance plant
(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|* on all orders above Rs 399|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 799
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Nephrolepis exaltata bosteniensis, Boston Fern
The Boston fern is one of the most well-known ferns and admired for its desirable traits as a houseplant. An added bonus is that Boston ferns can be displayed in any number of ways, including on pedestals, in hanging baskets, as part of a grouping, or as lush specimen plants on the right windowsill. Boston ferns are typically attractive, with long, graceful fronds bedecked with tiny leaves. It is a relatively tough fern, with a higher tolerance for light than other species, and as far as ferns go, they are more tolerant of dry conditions and easy to propagate.
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Do not overwater suddenly, check the moisture in the soil first. If too dry then apply water gradually.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Gradually move it to more bright location.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Caring for Nephrolepis exaltata bosteniensisSunlight:
- Keep the plant in partial sunlight area.
- Also, keep the plant indoor condition where the bright light is available.
- Use nutrient rich, well drained, well aereted, and porous potting mix.
- Water a plant when the topsoil in pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
Application of Fertilizer:
- Apply fertilize a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots to the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
Typical uses of Nephrolepis exaltata bosteniensis
Special features: The NASA Clean Air Study determined that this plant was effective at removing common household air toxins formaldehyde and xylene.
Ornamental use: Can be grown indoor and outdoor as pot plant or on garden. It can also be grown on hanging basket.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Easy plant to grow quickly and provide the rooms with a colourful leaf display
Very nice plant ...n very neatly packed
Plant is in very good condition.....Vase is good ..... Packaging is ok..... Jelly balls were broken....
I m really happy to say that your packing is good ,on time delivery all plants are good .
Gift for my father and he loved it