(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Bird Nest Fern, Asplenium Nidus
Interesting Fact: Leaves are borne from a central, funnel-shaped rosette of fuzzy, brown wool where the emerging fronds resemble bird's eggs, giving the plant its common name.
The fern, which grows at the base of large branches, has a unique ability to trap water and develop its own store of humus.
Epiphytic fern having a stout and erect rhizome, bearing a rosette of leaves at the top. Leaf stalks are stout and almost black, leaf length can be up to 150 cm or more and up to 20 cm wide. It narrows gradually, tapering both towards the pointed tip and towards the base. Spores are light brown, transparent when fresh.
Planting and care
Propagation of birds nest fern is through the spore. The rhizomes are divided during replanting or repotting when you feel that the fronds are overcrowded. Best time for these divisions is during the rainy season.
Caring for Bird Nest Fern
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Bird Nest Fern
Special features: Good foliage plant
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: NA
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Received in good condition. Liked them very much!
Ideal plant for green gift
Awesome seeds. All grow and are great.
How crazy that we all have plants on the mind.
A happy customer ?? But like could the rate be a bit reasonably else all good ... thanks