(Inclusive of all taxes)
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
Description for Bhindi No.3 Okra F1
Bhindi is grow for its long, pointed seed pods, which are used in gumbos and soups. Okra is in the same family as cotton, hollyhocks and hibiscus.
It can, however, thrive in any climate where corn will grow. Depending on the cultivar, the large-flowered, fast-growing plants reach 2 to 6 feet tall. Varieties with colourful stems and leaves, such as Burgundy , make attractive garden borders.
Okra is a tropical plant that is grown as an annual vegetable. The seed pods are especially useful for thickening stews because of their gummy mucilage. Okra plants are extremely drought and heat resistant and okra is a popular vegetable in many countries with difficult growing conditions.
Planting and care
Caring for Bhindi No.3 Okra F1
- Eliminate weeds when the plants are young, then mulch heavily to prevent more weeds from growing.
- Apply a layer of mulch 4 to 8 inches high. You should also side-dress the plants with 10-10-10, aged manure, or rich compost (1/2 pound per 25 feet of row).
- You could also apply a balanced liquid fertilizer monthly.
- When the seedlings are about 3 inches tall, thin the plants so that they are 10 to 18 inches apart.
- Keep the plants well watered throughout the summer months; 1 inch of water per week is ideal, but use more if you are in a hot, arid region.
- After the first harvest, remove the lower leaves to help speed up production.
- Ladys Finger does not like to have its roots disturbed.
Typical uses of Bhindi No.3 Okra F1
Special features: Okra is traditionally a southern U.S. plant that thrives in warm weather. It is easy to grow and use and looks great throughout the growing season due to its beautiful flowers. Okra is also rich in vitamin A and low in calories.
Research suggests that consumption of foods rich in vitamin-C helps the body develop immunity against infectious agents, reduce episodes of cold and cough and protect the body from harmful free radicals.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Super vegetable Seeds .
Great Seeds. I got 100 % success germination , that too in 2 days itself instead of 7days that usually is the duration. Awesome
100%Germination of both the packets.one packet contains more than saficent seeds and all of them germinated
The reason why I am reviewing this so lately is because I wanted some time to see it s germination and growth afterwards. Today the plant is in full bloom . It has almost grown up to 3 ft in height an
The vegetable seeds have germinated.I can give my real review only after a few months