Potted in 4 inch black polybag
Flame vine is a rampant climber that carries cascades of bright orange tubular flowers. Although a dazzling spectacle when in full flower, in some parts of the world it has become naturalised and a weed. Pyrostegia venusta is a lian
Common name: Monkey Brush vine
Color: yellow, orange
Bloom time: sept.to oct.
Height: 30-80 (10-25 m)
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Growing Mexican flame vines have attractive, dark green foliage that can climb a trellis or other support or cascade over a wall. Leaves are as large as 4 inches in length and add a lush, tropical feel to the area in which they’re planted.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 25° F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Once established in the landscape, caring for Mexican flame vines is low maintenance.
- The plant is drought tolerant, but will benefit from the occasional watering during dry periods.
- Take cuttings from the Mexican flame flower to overwinter in areas where it is grown as an annual.
- Learning how to grow a Mexican flame vine for next year can also be done by collecting and saving seeds.
- n Brazil, the leaves of Pyrostegia venusta are used in traditional medicine as a tonic and for treating diarrhoea.
- However, Pyrostegia venusta is more widely known as an ornamental climber that makes a dazzling spectacle when in full flower.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
I really impressed with live plant I purchased online from nurserylive, the packaging was superb.. ThanksCpim Demari
Great plant for a green giftDhiraj Gome
what are the dimensions of the pot?Ashish Bhujbal
Keep it away from harsh direct sunlight to prevent leaf burn.Jeremy Cabral
Air Purifying Indoor Plant.Joshi Prisy
Any query about sankrant vel, flame vine - plant