Roystonea Regia, Royal Palm - Plant
Description for Roystonea Regia, Royal Palm
They are often chosen by tropical resorts, hotels and communities to line the streets and driveways because their roots won t break through roads or side-walks.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Roystonea Regia, Royal Palm - ,Royal palm, Cuban Royal Palm||cream-colored flowers||Late summer||Up to 80 feet||Medium|
Planting and care
Plant royals no closer to the house than 8 feet to allow room for the fronds to spread out and not be damaged by touching walls. You want to come out with enough distance that falling fronds don t damage anything (including people) underneath. Space these palms 8 to 10 feet apart when planting in a row. This palm is too big for growing in a container.
|It will take partial shade but is happiest in a full sun.||Top soil or organic peat moss as a soil.||Water needs moderate to high-it will thrive in wet swampy areas and high humidity -||minimum temp 30 to 40 degrees C.||Fertilize with a good quality granular palm fertilizer containing micronutrients - do this in spring, summer and fall.|
Caring for Roystonea Regia
- Give royal palms fertilizer specially formulated for palm trees.
- It should have a ratio of 8-2-12-4Mg with micronutrients.
- The nitrogen should be in the form of resin-coated urea or ammonium salts, urea-formaldehyde or sulfur-coated urea.
- The potassium should be in the form of sulfur-coated potassium sulfate and the magnesium should be prilled kieserite.
- The micronutrients should be manganese sulfate, iron chelate and slow-release boron.
Typical uses of Roystonea Regia
Ornamental use: It is extensively used for landscaping Lining a street, drive or property line As an architectural accent for a taller house Stand-alone yard specimen Flanking each side of the entrance to a large driveway
You may browse related categories
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Absolutely no complaints! Beautiful plant, great packaging, prompt delivery.
Simply love the plant....healthy n beautiful!!....Thankyou for the free gifts!!
?Is it real plant or artificial ???