Gazania (Orange) - Plant
Description for Gazania (Orange)
Care of Gazania flowers is limited and often non-existent if you have neither the time nor the inclination to care for them. Botanically called Gazania rigens, treasure flowers is a more common name. The plant is often referred to as the African daisy
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|African daisy||Orange||Summer through Fall||6 to 18 inches||easy to grow|
Planting and care
Get the cuttings started in 4-inch pots, in a good quality potting soil. Plant rooted cuttings in spring at 24 to 30 inches apart. Keep watered until plants are established, then water every two weeks throughout summer. Overhead irrigation is acceptable when watering Gazanias.
|Full sun||well-drained soil||Medium||15 C and above||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Gazania
- Gazania plants are easy to grow. They do well in hot, dry weather. They even tolerate salt!!
- Grow plants in full sun.
- Gazania prefers good to average, sandy soil.The soil needs to be well drained.
- Established plants do best in dry soil conditions. Water plants only during long, extended droughts.
- Fertilize plants every 4-5 weeks, with a general purpose fertilizer.
- Bring indoors in the fall, before the first frost, and grow gazania as a houseplant.
Typical uses of Gazania
Special features: Mass in beds and borders. Containers. With its trailing stems, this species is particularly useful in hanging baskets.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose. Its generally keep indoor in living room and in terrace area.
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Perfectly shipped with care... Live plant is healthy...
What a great experience from start to finish.
I m really happy to say that your packing is good ,on time delivery all plants are good .