With this purchase you will get:
Description for Cryptanthus (Elaine) Earth Star, Starfish
Interesting fact: Cryptanthus are more commonly known as Earth Stars, a name they received because of the shape of their foliage
This bromeliad with rosettes to 30cm across. Leaves to 15cm long by 2cm wide, bright rose pink with a dark purplish median stripe and transverse bands of white. Leaf margins thorny.
Planting and care
Earth Stars is propagated through the suckers.
Caring for Cryptanthus
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Cryptanthus
Special features: The plant has an interesting color of foliage with bands.
Ornamental use: The plant is highly preferred for the gardens as the foliage is beautiful.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
What are other names of this plant?
How often should i water it and does it come with soil or should i get my own soil?
Given as a gift in the hopes of bringing prosperity to the recipient
Got all healthy plants..thanks
Got the plant in good condition, and it is growing well.
Any query about cryptanthus (elaine) earth star, starfish - plant