** for new paypal users only
Description for Climbing Beans Violette
Planting and care
Caring for Climbing Beans Violette
- Bean seeds are large and easy to sow. They can be started indoors or planted direct into the vegetable garden but need warm conditions to germinate.
- Sowing bean seeds indoors gives a faster and more reliable germination rate, particularly for runner beans. At the end of April through to early May sow a single bean seed, 4cm or 1 and a half inches deep, in a 3 inch pot filled with multi-purpose compost.
- Seedlings will be ready to plant out after about three weeks. Before planting out, put them in a cold frame or a cool porch for a few days so that they can acclimatise to the conditions outside.
- Alternatively, climbing, runner and dwarf beans can be grown from seed sown directly in the soil between the second half of May and the middle of June.
- Before sowing outdoors you will need to construct a support for your beans, wigwams or a double row of inward sloping 8ft canes are popular support options for runners and climbing beans.
- Sow beans outdoors from mid-May until July, 5cm deep, two seeds per support cane, spaced 15cm (6in) apart. After germination remove the smaller and less robust of the two young plants thinning to one plant per cane.
- As they grow, ensure the plants continue to twine around their canes and water well. Runner beans are particularly thirsty. Picking beans regulary and often will encourage a longer cropping period.
May to July, Spring
Typical uses of Climbing Beans Violette
Culinary use: It is used as vegetable in cooking
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
All the seeds germinated. Now I have way too many seedlings.
Extremely happy with the nurserylive service and the seed. Profusely flowering waiting for brinjal to grow. Very good germination of seeds.
Very Good Quality Seeds
Seeds germinated fast, in 1 week. Thanks.
almost all seeds did sprout but growth is slow
Any query about 1+1 climbing beans violette - seeds