With this purchase you will get:
Description for Sandersonia
Sandersonia, otherwise know as Chinese Lily Lantern or Christmas Bells is a climbing bulb which produces masses of gold, bell-shaped flowers in Summer. It prefers well-drained soil in full sun to part shade.
Planting and care
Sandersonia loves a sunny spot with well-drained loamy soil enriched with complete fertilizer. They only require water during the growing period until the flowers have finished, we then find it to be more drought tolerant than we expected. However, they do not like to be too wet over winter.
Caring for Sandersonia
- The tube has two fleshy prongs emerging from the central â€˜bulb
- These prongs should be planted down and covered with 2 inches (5 cm) of topsoil with about 3.1 inches (8 cm) between each tuber.
- When shoots emerge they need to be protected from snails and slugs as they find them most desirable.
- They will do well in a pot or container so long as there is good drainage.
- They increase by making a new tuber each from the growing prong and often a small â€˜nutâ€™ on the other prong.
- They can also be grown from seed which is usually ready to harvest at the end of April.
- Seed should be planted early winter, sown thinly in trays or pots using a very well drained potting medium and covered with 0.4 inches (1 cm) of a mixture.
Typical uses of Sandersonia
Special features: It has an excellent shelf life of between 10-20 days, with the blooms continuing to mature up the stem over this period.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Super happy with this. The packaging was great and the plant itself is exactly what I wanted.
I had ordered this plant...I m very much satisfied with Nurserylive.... :)
This is one of my favorite plants.
Does best in rich, well-draining soil.
Perfectly shipped with care... Live plant is healthy...
Any query about sandersonia - plant