With this purchase you will get:
Description for Senecio Rowleyanus, String of Pearls
Interesting Fact: This plant is given the name String of Pearls for its pearl like spherical leaves and the pattern they form.
Senecio rowleyanus is a perennial succulent, grow up to 3 feet in height, trailing stems, lined with small spherical green color leaves. Each leaf has a longitudinal translucent stripe. Flowers are small, white, brush-like on long peduncles.
Planting and care
Stem cuttings can be used for the propagation of this succulent.
Re-pot when the plant performs clump and goes beyond the pot size. It should be done before or after the rainy season and in the spring season.
Re-pot with the following proportions: 3 parts of potting soil, 1 part of grit (pumice), 1 part of the horticultural-grade sand, 1/2 part of the compost etc.
Caring for Senecio Rowleyanus
- Keep in a bright sunny location.
- Try not to water the leaves, give water to soil only.
- Avoid overwatering as the roots may get rot.
- Water the plant in a morning, between 8 to 10 am.
- Avoid keeping in suffocated areas or in dark room.
- While, re-potting or propagating try not to disturb the roots.
- Required care in the winter season. If growing in a pot, then kept in indoors and growing in outside do mulching.
Typical uses of Senecio Rowleyanus
Special features: Survivals and growers of the summer.
Ornamental use: Its color and the appearance is appreciated by the various gardens.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Perfect product to improve the ambience in your home and give it a fresh look!
Excellent proctus collection
Appealing, elegant and easy to grow plant.
Does best in rich, well-draining soil.
Excellent service and good product. Well packed and well delivered. Though few leaves were fallen but plant was almost ok.
Any query about senecio rowleyanus, string of pearls - plant